· Despite the occasional crucifixion from peers, there’s nothing wrong with being the ‘good girl’. Good girls might finish last initially, but eventually they win.
· However, don’t be so good that you never have fun. Revel in life! Push a few boundaries, take some calculated risks and try not to fear failure. You might discover something (or someone) amazing!
· Intelligence is not something to be ashamed of. Don’t dumb yourself down to gain approval from others, but try to use it wisely and humbly.
· If you dress like trash, you will attract trash. Embrace your body and adopt your own style, but always leave something to the imagination.
· Always remember you are beautiful. Don’t ever let anyone make you feel otherwise.
· Be resilient in the face of adversity. I will always walk by your side but I won’t fight your battles.
· Don’t begrudge anyone their success or money. If you want something, work hard and earn it! You will be eternally dissatisfied if everything is handed to you.
· Be gracious. Manners are the most important lesson you will learn and they are the attribute people will remember.
· Appreciate what you have. So many people have so much less. Try to give something back.
· Try not to form preconceived notions about others. Everyone has a past.
· Take responsibility for your actions and own your mistakes. It takes greater courage to admit fault and apologise than blame someone else.
· Food is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Never make it your enemy!
· Surround yourself with music. It will move you, inspire you, heal you and take you to places you could only dream of.
· You will meet many people throughout your life, but will end up with about a handful of friends who you will trust enough to share your innermost thoughts, desires and fears.
· There is no shame in seeking help. Suffering in silence will only hinder you.
· Never be afraid to love deeply and passionately, but don’t be blind sighted! Ensure the person you love has common core values, treats you with respect and loves you with as much depth and passion.
· Don’t underestimate the power of laughter. It will regenerate you.
· One day your eyebrows are going to look like mine and despite the fact my mother told me mine were beautiful like Brooke Shields’ circa 1984 – they weren’t. They needed to be waxed. And so will yours…every few weeks for the rest of your life. Believe me, you won’t regret it!